Lesson 4: PAINTING A PICTURE
Adam and Eve Blog Series
Volume 1, Disc 1: 18:13-20:45
Prefer Listening to the Faith Lesson? Listen to a Dramatic Reading -
Have you ever stopped and considered the striking contrasts and comparisons between the first man and woman and Christ and His Church?
Take a few moments to ponder just a few of them:
- Adam was the first man created by God – Christ is the “first-born of all creation”.
- Adam was made in the image of God – Christ IS the image of the invisible God.
- Adam was the one through whom all created beings followed – Christ is the One through whom God created all things.
- Adam existed before all other created men – Christ preexisted within the Godhead before creation.
- Adam is the head of the human race – Christ is the Head of redeemed humanity.
- Adam was the imperfect man who rebelled – Christ is the perfect God-man who redeems.
- The first Adam was lord over a limited domain – the last Adam, Christ, is LORD of all!
- Adam desired to have a wife – Christ chose the Church to be His bride.
- Eve came from a wound in Adam’s side – the church came after a wound in our Savior’s side.
- Eve was part of Adam’s body – believers are part of the body of Christ.
- Adam was the head of Eve – Christ is the Head of His church.
- Husbands are commanded to love their wives – Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her.
“For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.”
- Adam and Eve disobeyed God – the last Adam, Jesus, was obedient unto death.
- The first man, Adam, became a living being; the last Adam, Christ, became a life-giving Spirit!
- In Adam all die – in Christ all will be made alive!
- All are born into Adam’s likeness – those born again are conformed into Christ’s likeness.
Bible Passages: Genesis 1:26-31, 2-3, John 1:1-3, Philippians 2:8, Colossians 1:15, Ephesians 1:22, 4:12, 5:23, 1 Corinthians 11:3, 15:22,45, 2 Corinthians 11:2, Revelation 19:7